Opera Guild of Rochester Website
To educate the “opera curious”, support local opera productions, and increase overall engagement with its organization, Opera Guild of Rochester enlisted The Verdi Group for a total site refresh. Opera is an art form that appeals to those seeking drama, comedy and tragedy in a wholly “over the top” vocal, visual and orchestral way that drinks in the senses.
With an audience that skews older and highly educated, but not heavily invested in technology, the site needed to offer clean and clear navigation and readable type styles and colors, and lots of vibrant photos to communicate the vitality of the art form of opera. Integration of the highly popular monthly newsletter Viva Voce to attract more visitors to the site was a key accomplishment. We also enabled the site’s mobile compatibility and tracking metrics, which had been lacking.
- Communicate the relevance of the organization
- Capture the attention of visitors with unique, self-published educational content and ways to engage with opera on a local level
- Encourage greater overall usage of site
- Increase event activity (more attendees)
- Increase online donations